Most Popular Post

Sunday 22 February 2015

Dylvie

Do you remember when a small child you loved had a unique way of saying a particular word? For me, the latest such word is Dylvie, the name our youngest granddaughter calls her sister, Sylvie.

      Sylvie, Dylvie to her sister

 It makes me want to kiss Caitlin every time she says it. 

                       Caitlin and Nanny

Then over the last few months, Caitlin said, "Sylvie," occasionally but reverted back to Dylvie, as if that version was easier on her tongue. However you knew the day was coming when the cute little voice lost the word forever.

Today was the day. Caitlin said, "Sylvie," every time she spoke to or about her sister. Now my heart must let go of baby Caitlin and embrace the little girl that she is becoming. 

                         Baby Caitlin

I hate saying goodbye to the baby but the little girl is pretty special too. 

                       Caitlin

I am learning to embrace the great adventures and experiences at every stage of my grandchildren's lives. 

        Playing Sleepover

Wonderful adventures await!

No comments: