Most Popular Post

Monday 23 September 2019

The pig farm

We call it the pig farm but this farm has free range chickens 





and dairy cows as well.





Ranald sells pork at the local farmer’s market and his product is delicious. This year, on Open Farm Day, the farm received an award for milk quality. 


The pigs were the attraction for the children. They have visited this farm for the last number of years and always look forward to the pigs and their antics. Before our eldest granddaughter could talk she could sign some words. As we walked around the farm that year, she signed, “More pigs,” as we went around every turn at the farm.


Again this year, a sow was in a stall with her babies. 





Outside, in a penned area, 





young pigs of various sizes played and ate as visitors watched. Nearby two pens of older pigs stood together or dug into the cool earth. 





Our two year old grandson who enjoys the Peppa Pig cartoons, watched the pigs intently but couldn’t find Peppa anywhere. 





Maybe next year.

22 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love all cute piggies. The chickens and cows are cute too. Great photos.
Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

DJan said...

Adorable animals. So nice to see pigs able to play and live normal lives before their inevitable end.

Black Knight said...

Cute and lovely animals. Last sunday in Rome some persons walked with leashed pigs.

Tabor said...

Nicely clean and natural farm. They have room to roam.

Debbie said...

sweet animals, i love when farms open up to the public like this. momma pig looks exhausted!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I grew up on a farm and we had pigs, so this looks familiar. We only had two or three, just enough to butcher in fall and give us meat for the winter.

Mage said...

Oh, How wonderful too stop in and find pigs, chickens and alpaca's all roaming free. The colors are lucious too.

Bill said...

What cute pigs. We saw some pigs digging their holes to keep cool. They are funny creatures to watch.

Barbara said...

How lovely. I was 21 before I saw my first live farm animals. I feel in love and would still have farm animals if I only had a farm (sung to If I only had a heart).

Elephant's Child said...

What a wonderful, wonderful day - for you all.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Those piggies certainly seem to be enjoying themselves!

Rose said...

I would love going there...love the chicken shot of course. Our daughter cried to bring a baby pig home from the fair one year.

Joanne Noragon said...

My brother in law grew up by a pig farm. I mostly recall the smell.

baili said...

all creatures are adorable but hen is my favorite

looks like those pet by my mother
blessings!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I worked for some years on a pig farm though it wasn't as nice as that one. We frequently had children visiting to see the piglets.

Linda said...

Love me some pigs! I'd get one if I had some land.

Danielle L Zecher said...

The pigs are so cute! It sounds like a fun day going to the farm.

William Kendall said...

That one cow appears to be giving you quite a glare.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I can see my grandchildren enjoying a visit like this so much Marie. The pigs always make me smile, they are kind of cute/ugly if you know what I mean 😉

Catarina said...

The 3rd picture is adorable!!!

jenny_o said...

I agree with DJan - nice to see pigs leading normal happy lives before the inevitable. The mama and babies makes my heart full.

Jenn said...

I have to say I don't miss watching Peppa Pig lol!