Most Popular Post

Saturday 14 June 2014

Play


When we were in Lisbon it was so hot that we only walked on the shaded part of the sidewalk. It was lunch time and we found a sandwich place that also served beer. (Too hot for tea I told myself.)

                                            Sandwich shop which serves beer

I looked around and there she was, an older woman, possibly a grandmother, with a younger woman and a small boy, about eighteen months old I guessed.

The woman had shoulder length light brown hair, a lovely brown skinned face and cool attire. His Mom was similarly attired. The boy sat at the table while the stroller stood close by. The women talked easily together and with the child. He talked with them too in his baby way.

After they had eaten, the grandmother started to play with the child, walking her fingers over the table and up the child's arm. He giggled with delight. He tried to do the same thing to her.

I watched with amusement because this is the same thing that I do with our girls, first with Sylvie and now with Caitlin. Just before we left for vacation, Caitlin was trying to creep across the table with her fingers as well. She loves it too just like this young Portuguese boy.

                   Caitlin and Sylvie

I miss our girls and can't wait to be home!



No comments: