Most Popular Post

Monday 20 July 2020

Reprise

It was one of those moments again. You know, one of those times when you look around and it occurs to you what a perfect moment it is.


I usually live in the present and soak up the experiences I have with the people and the setting around me. I am a happy person as a consequence. I enjoy simple things, from playing with the grandkids to cooking a meal with my husband, coffee with a friend. My favourite things are walks in the woods or the beach with my family, time with the grand-dog and picnics. Reading, photography and writing fill my time as well.


I had made lunch which would be a leisurely affair under an umbrella on the patio. Later we would pick up the grand-dog since our daughter had three night shifts and the kids would be staying overnight on Sunday. I thought, “Life is perfect.” The last time I had this thought was the week before the Covid isolation was imposed. Look what happened then.


However I’ve come to realize that whatever happens, that moment was special and it was my own. No one could withhold it from me or diminish it in any way. It was my perception of my moment in time, a part of my life that felt perfect.


Life is a series of these moments interspersed with times of crisis, tragedy or sorrow which make those perfect times sweeter. Having those moments strengthens me to be able to handle the hard times. 


Watch for the moments. They may take you by surprise.




25 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Marie,

Lovely thoughts and post. I agree we should all be remembering the special moments and finding more time for the things we enjoy. I am with you on enjoying the simple things. Have a great day and a happy new week!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wise advice!

Bill said...

Great advice, Marie! Thanks.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Wise thoughts well expressed.

Elephant's Child said...

How very, very right you are. Thank you for the reminder.

At Home In New Zealand said...

I have had a couple of times in my life when the whole universe just seems to click into place and that wonderful contented feeling of "perfect" happens. It certainly does help one to face life when things go wrong, knowing that there are times when everything is right :) xx

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great advice. life is a series of moments and we should treasure each one.

DJan said...

Very thoughtful post, and a reminder to take a look around and be present with what is, right in the moment. Thank you. :-)

John's Island said...

Hi Marie, Wow, there is a lot of wisdom in this post. I am a big fan of the Spiritual Teacher Eckhart Tolle and what you have said in your post is very much in line with what Eckhart teaches. Happiness is found in the present moment. It delights me to find this post. Thank you for posting and for your kind comments on my blog. Have a happy rest of the week and enjoy the moments. :- ) Best regards from Seattle. John

Joanne Noragon said...

Thank you.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh I was holding my breath there for a moment Marie ✨ You are so right, every special moment no matter how small should be recognised and treasured 💜

Stewart M said...

Nice post. My next post is about the birds I saw on a daily 'exercise' walk - which is all I am allowed to do at present. You do have to keep an eye open for the positives at present.

Stay safe - Stewart M - Melbourne

Retired Knitter said...

You are so correct - and thank you for reminding me of that fact!

Anvilcloud said...

Good thinking. I guess that a great part of life is really just moments.

The Padre said...

Big Hugs - Sending Love And Happiness

Cheers

Barbara said...

That is such a great way to feel. God is in his heaven and all is right with the world.

photowannabe said...

Oh Marie, this is so lovely.
It's all about savoring the moments because they are the treasures that get us through.
I do so love the simple things that life brings too.
I know it's hard to believe but even the really hard work Hubby and I did yesterday was a special treasure for me.
We worked well together, chatted about nothing in particular and got "it" done.
Despite Covid 19 Dave and I have done so many things together. Its been good for us.
Sue

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Marie,
This is a very inspiring post- thanks. I too am trying to live in the moment and be appreciative every day! With all the problems, I'm trying to just focus on my day.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Agree with you....
I took note from your wisdom and advise :"Life is a series of these moments interspersed with times of crisis, tragedy or sorrow which make those perfect times sweeter."

Have a wonderful day.

Rose said...

This is so very true...though I will admit I sometimes am about afraid to think that a moment is perfect. Still, I do have moments I think are about perfect.

Debbie said...

wow, this was so profound and i enjoyed reading it so much. it is those little moments that become the big memories. i will remember this as my days tick by!!!

Rhodesia said...

Well said and yes every moment is special. I have to say the lockdown has not really caused us much hardship. No family to visit anyway, and we have the best crop of vegetables we have ever had. Now if we had of gone on the June holiday planned in Italy, the vegetables would have probably all died. 😊
Stay safe Diane

William Kendall said...

Very well said.

Catarina said...

Those moments are precious and should be cherished...

Liz Hinds said...

Precious moments.