Most Popular Post

Sunday 28 July 2019

Beach dog

The golden grand-dog accompanied us on vacation at the beach house recently and we had the opportunity to have her off lead on the secluded beach.





It was a pleasure to watch her joy in the freedom to choose where she sniffed or ventured, including into the water.





Georgie took great joy in running into and out of the water, then rolling in the red sand. 





Shaking off, she sent a spray of sand everywhere, covering you too if you were close enough. I wasn’t fast enough to get away one time and I was covered, even in my hair. 


At low tide Georgie liked to roll in the seaweed. I don’t know of anything she likes better than being wet and smelly. 





This Golden retriever is not known for retrieving. When you throw a stick she normally runs to it and chews it. This past week, she retrieved the same stick thrown into the water three times. Then she looked at my husband as if to say, “You’re not serious! I brought it back to you three times already.”





After that week when Georgie had freedom on the beach, I’ve come to feel sad for her in her regular life. It is a quiet life usually, with our daughter and the kids or my husband and I. She is a loyal, loving dog and is great with the kids. However, she loved the freedom to explore on her own near her family. I wish she could explore like that every day.





23 comments:

DJan said...

What a sweetheart! I love your pictures of Georgie, and I too wish she had the freedom to do this every day. But sometimes is better than no times. Thanks for sharing this sweet dog with me. :-)

Debbie said...

she is a beautiful golden retriever - who poses well for pictures!!! it looks like she had the time of her life - do you have a dog park by you?? they usually allow dogs to be off leash!!

our beaches do not allow dogs to be off leash but most people do it anyway!!

Tabor said...

Heaven for your dog.I swear she looked younger at the end.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad Georgie is having such fun time!

Anvilcloud said...

It was a nice vacation for her.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

These pictures show her exuberant happiness to perfection!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Georgie looks like she's having so much fun Marie, she certainly makes the most of her time with you ✨

eileeninmd said...

Georgie reminds me of my old Goldie Girl. I miss having a dog. Love the cute furbaby and photos. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

Ruth Hiebert said...

She's a beautiful dog.

Linda said...

It does seem sad that city dogs don't have the opportunity to do a lot more roaming and following their noses.

Great pictures Marie. You really are a talented photographer.

Rhodesia said...

She is adorable but the sea and dogs frighten me. My darling little 3 legged dog was playing on the beach in South Africa when it picked up a blowfish that a fisherman had thrown off his line. Highly poisonous and he was gone within 24 hours. Holiday totally spoilt and I cried daily for the rest of it! Take care, Diane

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

All dogs seem to be a few years younger once they're by the sea. I used to care for a young man who was a wheelchair user and although he couldn't walk he could certainly throw sticks. And his parents had a dog that enjoyed fetching them back to him. Boy and dog used to play for hours like this. But if anyone else threw the stick the dog was not interested, perhaps reasoning that we were perfectly capable of going and getting it ourselves!

Bill said...

At least she knows that when she is with you, she can be free and enjoy whatever it is she wants. Georgie must get really excited when she knows she is coming for a visit.

Elephant's Child said...

What absolute bliss for her.
I hear you on the wet and smelly front. We went out for a day in the country with our German Shepherd. She found a VERY dead cow and rolled in it. There was nowhere to wash her so we travelled home with a very, very smelly and happy dog. She was happy. The rest of us had the windows to the car firmly rolled down.

William Kendall said...

She looks quite happy!

Laurel Wood said...

She is gorgeous. Glad she had a wonderful time.

Rose said...

She is a beauty...one thing, she probably loves you guys so much that she is content just to be near you. I often think it is sad that my daughter's dog is never off the leash, too, though I know it is best she is on one.

Stewart M said...

There must be so many good smells on a beach if you are a dog!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Natalia said...

I love dogs☺☺

Mage said...

How old is she now? She is a beauty, and she is certainly loving her freedom.

photowannabe said...

What a beautiful Granddogger.
Why do they love to roll in the smelliest of things I will never understand.
Your photos show pure dog joy!!

Danielle L Zecher said...

It looks like she had a great time. I think all dogs love to be wet and stinky. Ours definitely do!

Down by the sea said...

Lovely to see Georgie enjoying the sea and beach. Tavi loves the sea too but you have to watch him closely to make sure he doesn't pick up sea weed roots! Sarah x