Most Popular Post

Sunday 14 February 2016

The Blogger Challenge



Another blogger nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award. It comes with a challenge:

1. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
2. List seven random facts about you.
3. Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers, and let them know about the nomination.

I was nominated by Ginnie of http://goldendaze-ginnie.blogspot.com
Ginnie has been a blogger since 2006 and she writes about events from her life with humour and wisdom. Her blog can bring a laugh, a smile or a tear and I often learn something interesting from her.

Thank you for the nomination, Ginnie.

2.  Seven facts about me:

1.  I am a Canadian, and have always lived on islands off the east coast of Canada.

2.   Travel is one of my great pleasures in life.

3.   I love to read and I am a member of a book club. 

4.   Giving back to the community is important to me so I do volunteer work with two organizations.

5.   Gardening is one of my favourite things, especially growing vegetables in my little garden plot.

6.   My favourite exercise is walking, which I have done a lot of over the years, walking as much as 16 kilometers a day.

7.   I have one daughter and two granddaughters who fill my life with joy.


3.  I nominate the following Beautiful Bloggers:

http://mydarkcovepantry.blogspot.ca/

http://gotaminuteortwo.blogspot.ca/

http://ex-shammickite.blogspot.ca/

http://thesmittenimage.blogspot.ca/

http://bitstop-nfld.blogspot.ca/

http://northernhills.blogspot.ca/

http://fromrabbittown.blogspot.ca

7 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh wow.. 16k in a day is a fair bit. I'm impressed!

Thanks so much for the nomination. It's very much appreciated but I tend to shy away from memes. I blog very infrequently these days and just tend to put out a few pics when I find the time. I'll gratefully accept the honour in name but must pass on the actual posting part. I hope you understand.

DJan said...

I was so glad to find you didn't nominate ME for this. You tended to stay with your fellow Canadians. But I sure did enjoy learning those facts about you! :-)

Marie Smith said...

I find this whole nomination thing very difficult. I too appreciate the nomination from another blogger but nominating others is difficult. Every blog I follow is wonderful otherwise I wouldn't follow it. However, one has to choose who to nominate. Some not nominated might feel left out. Also, experienced people with these memes don't want to have anything to do with them, which I can understand. They remind me of chain letters from years ago, except they don't carry with them the threat of dire consequences if you break the chain. Some people post on their blog that it is an award free. That looks good to me.

The main advantage I see is that you get to share interesting blogs with others but I can do that myself in a less difficult way.

Thank you for helping me to clarify my own take on the meme debate.

Marie Smith said...

I responded to Ginnie's nomination and I appreciate it. However, iw will not participate in nominating others in the future.

One of the blogs I follow asked readers to ask her questions. It was really interesting for the reader and it appeared that some of the questions required self exploration for the blogger. That way is a better way to share information I think than the meme award.

Ginnie said...

I agree that the nomination part is difficult but I didn't want to hurt Bonnie's feelings, (the one who nominated me)so I hope everyone, nominated or not, will understand that. It's also why I keep my posts personal but try to stay away from being too dogmatic in my likes and dislikes. Ah, so many things to consider !

Marie Smith said...

i know. It was a good experience because it caused me to think it through and decided what I'd do if the same thing happened another time. We are still learning, Ginnie. That is a good thing!

Shammickite said...

Just saw this so will have to think about whether I want to join in. It's a bit like facebook..too much information that doesn't need to be shared...