Most Popular Post

Sunday 21 February 2016

The Difference

Last year at this time we had had a storm that lasted for three days. That storm was a mere blip on the storm radar that year because we had epic storms and snowfall beginning in the last week of January. It was a miserable winter. Pictures of our back yard at that time will give you an idea of the snow we had.




                                              The red markers indicate my garden plot.



This year, every time we have snow, we have rain to take it away. This is the same area today, one year later.







Thank you, El NiƱo.

12 comments:

Tomoko said...

I have not experienced such heavy snow in my real life!! I feel guilty to say that I like to take photos of snow.

ADRIAN said...

Up until the mid eighties we used to get lots of snow but it is rare these days.

DJan said...

What a difference! :-)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Wow! that was some snow last year!!!

Marie Smith said...

I do too, Tomoko! Nothing wrong with that.

Marie Smith said...

Global warming has changed our climate a lot in the last decades.

Marie Smith said...

There is less snow tonight than when I took the photos. It was +3 today and foggy.

Marie Smith said...

It truly was a nightmare. For three days, nothing moved. Every two days we had a storm it seemed. Record snowfall, then flooding of course. Winter misery!

Angela said...

Oh my heavens!!! That sure is a lot of snow!! Indeed it is almost nothing this year. Incredible !!

Anvilcloud said...

I remember hearing about all of the snow Down East last year. We had a fair bit too, possibly the 2nd snowiest winter of our 10 here in Ottawa.

Marie Smith said...

It's quite a difference.

Marie Smith said...

It was a bad winter. This year is so much better.